Feb 23, 2012

2/23/2012 02:02:00 PM
AT 6'5" 215 el bees of undeniable ATHLETICISM and BIG GUARD Game...Isaiah J.R. RIDER was the next biggest thing out of the TOWN...EAST BAY...OAKLAND California.

Everyone knows about GUYS from the EAST BAY like the GLOVE Gary PAYTON and J-KIDD but this guy Isaiah RIDER was suppose to be the next in line of GREAT NBA Players from the East BAY who had to take a different route to get to the LOGO.

The BLUEDUDE, AJ HARRIS, did a little QUESTIONS and ANSWERS with one of my FAVORITE NBA Players of ALL-TIME and wanted to go DEEPER on WHY the NEXT in LINE couldn't get to the STATUS of the CHOSEN in PAYTON, KIDD, and others BIG NAMES from the EAST BAY.

EASY RIDER's VITALS

The EXCLUSIVE Q and A from BLUEDUDE SPORTSTALK with Isaiah RIDER:

High School
1st TEAM All-STATE Alameda CA ENCINAL HS 1988-1989

College
2-Time NJCAA All-American Allen CC/Antelope VALLEY CC
1993 Consensus 2nd Team AP ALL-AMERICAN UNLV
1993 Big WEST Conference PLAYER of the YEAR at UNLV

NBA
1993 LOTTERY PICK 1st Round PICK 5 T'WOLVES
1994 NBA Slam Dunk CHAMPION
1994 NBA 1st Team ALl-ROOKIE

Q and A from BLUEDUDE SPORTSTALK with J.R. "EAAASY" RIDER:

BST = Bluedude Sportstalk
JR Rider = EASY RIDER

BST: What was Family Life like growing up in the TOWN were MOM and POPS there every step of the way?

EASY RIDER: "I grew up in a two-parent household. My MOTHER (R.I.P.) was a school teacher and my Father (Isaiah SR.) was in the military. I grew up in P-Ville PROJECTS in ALAMEDA California. I had a good stable home enviroment and it all started on our neighborhood basketball court".

BST: What were you ranked in High School and how did your HIGH SCHOOL, ENCINAL High School?

EASY RIDER: "I went to ENCINAL High School and actually played all the SPORTS well. We won the WORLD SERIES in BASEBALL in 8th Grade. I loved Football and I was a true athlete that really excelled in all capacities when it came to all SPORTS. My BIG BROTHER went PROFESSIONAL in FOOTBALL, but he swayed me into focusing in on BASKETBALL. Mitch RICHMOND, an NBA All-Star SNIPER playing for the Golden STATE WARRIORS and of Run TMC Fame at the TIME, use to pick me up from HIGH SCHOOL and take me to the WARRIOR Practices".

BST: HOW did you get to the Junior College ROUTE in KANSAS for 1 Year and back to CALIFORNIA JUCO the next Year?

EASY RIDER: "Mitch RICHMOND helped me go that route. I was a Proposition 48 Case in High School so i went the JUCO Route. I have a ALWAYS been the UNDERDOG sort a speak and that drove me to go FULL TILT at all times".

BST: What was your RELATIONSHIP with other EAST BAY NBA Players like the GLOVE, J-KIDD, Brian SHAW, Antonio DAVIS, etc.?

EASY RIDER: "We are ALL from the TOWN. It's TOWN BUSINESS. I have much love for those that have LOVE for ME. I'm cool with GP, J KIDD, B-SHAW, and Playground Legend Demetrius "HOOK" MItchell. The RESPECT is THERE".

BST: Did you play with "HOOK" MITCHELL a lot growing up?

EASY RIDER: "HOOK is my BOY. He was RAW on the COURT".

BST: Who influenced EASY RIDER growing up in the EAST BAY and on T.V.?

EASY RIDER: "AIR JORDAN and the MAGIC Man....they were a BIG INSPIRATION to me".

BST: What was it LIKE at UNLV when you played under the SHARK Coach Jerry TARKANIAN?

EASY RIDER: "OH! Man, I loved being a RUNNIN' REBEL. Even though UNLV was caught up in the big NCAA Scandal, TARK believed in me. I lOVED everyone at UNLV..the COACHES, all my TEAMMATES, and the GREAT UNLV ALUMINI and STUDENT Body".

BST: What was it like to ENTER the NBA Draft and WHAT was FAMILY thinking as your were about to embark on this DREAM of your since TODDLER DAYS?

EASY RIDER: "That was a good time in 1993. GOOD TIMES and GReat Memories. My Family was all for that GOD willing. I was FINALLY going PRO from those days in JUCO and UNLV it was so surreal but finally here. I have ARRIVED at the BIGGEST Moment of my Career.

BST: The #5 Overall Pick in the 1st Round, a Lottery Pick in the 1993 NBA DRAFT, What was it like playing in the TWIN Cities for the TIMBERWOLVES and what was NBA LIFE like with BIG BREAD (CASH)?

EASY RIDER: " I'm from the BAY Area so it was pretty COLD. I loved all the LOVE I was getting from the FANS. The MONEY was good. although throughout my career I never blew a lot of MONEY. It was more like, OK my FAMILY is straight now longevity wise. I was always that same guy in the WHITE TEE, Jeans, and the FRESH KICKS. I stayed grounded and I thank my MOTHER for that".

BST: Your DAYS in the ROSE CITY PORTLAND Oregon and those really good BLAZER TEAMS?

EASY RIDER: "My MOST FUN playing days was in PORTLAND. I had a great team...young team. We had a lot of FUN and made the PLAYOFFS every year I was there".

BST: Do you think if you were in a BETTER MINDSET you could have helped the LAKERS and the BLACK MAMBA (Kobe BRYANT) and SHAQ Diesel (Shaquille O'Neal) more?

EASY RIDER: "WHAT? I took a loss and went to the LAKEshow for a RING and got a RING. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. I NEVER Came off the BENCH until I got to L.A.. I helped the TEAM to the PLAYOFFS that year even though I had a LACK of PLAYING Time. That was a BAD Descision and I should have went to MIAMI. I will elaborate on that MORE in my DOCUMENTARY coming out soon".

BST: What was it like initially to be out the LEAGUE and what were you going to do in LIFE after HOOP?

EASY RIDER: "People are misinformed. PEOPLE don't know what happened. I was going through personal issues at HOME. My Late MOTHER fell into a COMA one day and I kept her on LIFE SUPPORT for over 4 Years. I wasn't even focused on my career, and I was OK with that at the TIME".

BST: How is FAMILY LIFE now , the JR RIDER FOUNDATION, and what are Isaiah J.R. RIDER'S aspirations moving forward?

EASY RIDER: "Right now I have a good life. FAMILY is my #1 priority. I love watching my kids grow. I have a FOUNDATION called the SKY RIDER FOUNDATION. We award Scholarships to OUTSTANDING KIDS. I am all about GIVING BACK and KICKING BACK now. I am releasing a DOCUMENTARY " MY TESTIMONY RAW and UNCUT". It's bout my story in my own words. Not the MEDIA twisting my words or actions around for RATINGS. It's a REAL LIFE Story of the REAL Isaiah J.R. RIDER and I hope that everyone is moved by it".

Want to say thinks to Isaiah J.R. RIDER and FAMILY for the Q and A Exclusive on BLUEDUDE SPORTSTALK as well as his foundation SKY RIDER FOUNDATION.

Follow EAAAASY RIDER @isaiah_rider on TWITTER and look up the Foundation at isaiahrider.com and skyriderfoundation.org

BIG UPS from BLUEDUDE SPORTSTALK to EAAAAASY RIDER and follow the BLUEDUDE @bluedudesports on twitter and GOOGLE PLUS...AJ HARRIS Sports Blogger.....

Another exclusive from BLUEDUDE SPORTSTALK....So far OUT OF BOUNDS we somehow stay INBOUNDS......now give me the ORANGE!

0 comments: